Hi,

I'll try, as you guess, setting up qmail.
Everything is probably working. The
problem I'm facing is that I can't sent mails
to local users. I set up the home mail-dir (maildirmake et al.) using
mbox delivered to $HOME.
Sometimes Dave wrote (taken from the archive) that 5.1.1:

What that message means is that the local recipient is not a valid
address. That can happen if the recipient:

  - is not a user              NO
  - has the UID 0             NO
  - doesn't own their home directory             NO
  - has a home directory that isn't visible to user qmailp [I'm not sure
about this point, but added qmailp to
 the same user-group]
  - has a username containing uppercase characters             NO
  - has a username longer than 32 characters             NO
  - isn't handled by an alias or catch-all .qmail file in ~alias [If I put
an tom-qmail file in alias I get an
elivery 13: failure:
This_message_is_looping:_it_already_has_my_Delivered-To_line._(#5.4.6)]

If I remove that alias I get the following in /var/log/qmail/current

snip

@400000003aab87ae2bab487c status: exiting
@400000003aab87b31f767b44 status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
@400000003aab8ce2342a54fc new msg 224638
@400000003aab8ce2342a9b4c info msg 224638: bytes 204 from
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> qp 16101 uid 0
@400000003aab8ce2373ef79c starting delivery 1: msg 224638 to local
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
@400000003aab8ce2373f45bc status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
@400000003aab8ce23ab75d4c delivery 1: failure:
Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name._(#5.1.1)/
@400000003aab8ce23afb347c status: local 0/10 remote 0/20
@400000003aab8ce23b94d884 bounce msg 224638 qp 16104
@400000003aab8ce23b97265c end msg 224638
@400000003aab8ce303d233ec new msg 224641