Just an FYI to the group, this is what we've come up with for one of our
clients' configurations of qmail-notify.  qmail-notify notifies senders
that their E-mail did not reach the intended recipient within a certain
amount of time and optionally CC's the network administrator (which it
is configured to do in this case):

-x-
Your message has been received by %s but has been
undeliverable to the listed recipients for at least %s.

The mail system will continue to attempt to deliver your message
to these recipients for a total of %s.  Your network administrator
is aware of this situation.  This message is for your information;
you do not need to resend your message at this time.
If the message below is time-critical, consider faxing or calling
the intended recipient.  You will be notified again only if this
message ultimately fails to reach one or more of the recipients.

      Recipient(s):
-x-

This _may_ finally be verbose enough to keep the users from E-mailing
their mail administrator with "Julie didn't get my E-mail yet!"

--
Michael T. Babcock (PGP: 0xBE6C1895)
http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock/