this is interesting:

we use dot-forward and fastforward.  here's .qmail-default:

| /var/qmail/bin/fastforward -d /etc/aliases.cdb

i looked at the users that were receiving dups, and pretty much all of them
had .qmail files.

Is there some type of confilct between .qmail and fastfoward, or is a just
a matter of having the .qmail files not including errors?

Thanks-

Dan

At 03:14 PM 3/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I know we were experiencing this problem once before.  And what it came down
>to is the .qmail files.  Specifically if the .qmail-default was not setup
>correctly it would send duplicates out.  Or if a .qmail file setup as an
>alias to multiple people was setup incorrectly or included someone that no
>longer had an account.  Everytime that I've experienced duplicate messages
>on our server it has related back to one of those to items.
>
>Andy

Dan Kelley
www.otec.com
212-840-8600