On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 07:18:57PM -0500, Nick (Keith) Fish wrote:
> Well, a few of you got the correct answer; but I'm afraid you have to be
> more specific:
>
> Eric, just add these lines to your /var/qmail/users/assign file:
>
>       =alias:alias:1002:102:/var/qmail/alias:::
>       +alias-:alias:1002:102:/var/qmail/alias:-::
>
> and make sure you end the assign file with a line that just has a dot on
> it and there is no other line in the file with just a dot.

The OP never mentioned usign users/assign, IIRC. You're quite possibly
correct, but if so the OP didn't give us necessary information -- if
users/assign is not populated, ~alias/.qmail-* is checked for any
non-matching local user.

To the OP -- if you populated users/assign, that was information we
needed to know. If you don't have /var/qmail/users/assign, how about
ownership of /var/qmail/alias?? Does alias own his home directory?

When you're done debugging, just 'eric' or '&eric' will do nicely for
the contents of ~alias/.qmail-*. Just trying to eliminate the basics --
seen some people point 'me' at a remote domain. ;)

P.S. If you populated users/assign, please let me know (off-list if you
like). I always use virtual domains, not users/assign, but I should have
though of it...

--
Greg White
Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent