On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 01:51:57PM -0500, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> This is mostly off-topic so I apologize for any lost bandwith & whatnot,
> but here goes:

Yep; this question is, in essence, 'which Linux do you suggest' and is
more suited (and likely to be answered better) on a general Linux list.

> What are other folks here using to keep their nice, secure MTA secure
> across the rest of the box? (info on distros, utilities, etc. most welcome.)

FWIW, I see the different Linux distros as a starting point. I'd never
deploy an out-of-the-box Linux installation whether from Caldera, Suse,
RedHat, etc.
RedHat can be made sufficiently tight to keep me happy. It just involves
liberal application of 'rpm -e'.

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's