hi,

Martin Edlman wrote:

> Hello,
>         I'm new to the qmail. I made it running, I set up vpopmail with mysql,
> so I can receive mails for multiple domains and users can read their
> mails. After first troubles and disapointment I realized that qmail is
> simply great.
>         But I still has one problem. I cannot send e-mails via qmail-smtp to
> non-local domains, I get back the error message
> 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
>
>         So I need to set up relaying. I looked to the FAQ, HOWTO, Docs, ... but
> found no answer (maybe I search badly). I have following settings (see
> below). I want to allow all our clients (using our IP blocks) to use
> smtp.
>
>         Next thing I want to ask - does the qmail rebuild the 'cdb' files
> automatically after service restart? As far as I found, it seems to me
> that it doesn't.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

if i am right, the next setting is for smtp

so change it like this: you have to allow all your local ip blocks to
relay
if you have these networks for exapmle:
192.168.1.
192.168.2.
234.43.21.

and they are local for you so make an entry
192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.2.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
234.43.21.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

so you will relay mails but only for your local ip addresses.

hope i could help you :-)

cu ycae

--
Yves Caetano