qmail Digest 23 Mar 2001 11:00:00 -0000 Issue 1312

Topics (messages 59504 through 59571):

Re: filtering with perl
        59504 by: Todd Finney

newbie: qmail + vpopmail
        59505 by: - = k o l i s k o = -
        59506 by: Robin S. Socha
        59511 by: Wes Wannemacher
        59512 by: Robin S. Socha
        59515 by: Adrian Ho
        59521 by: Wes Wannemacher

Re: qmail-send dependent on log?
        59507 by: Sumith

RH 6.2 - qmail logging
        59508 by: Iain Morrison

sh ./run ? ermmmmm
        59509 by: Alan Lee
        59529 by: Harald Hanche-Olsen

Re: heavy traffic on port 25
        59510 by: Paulo Jan
        59525 by: Krzysztof Wychowalek

Re: About dot qmail program!
        59513 by: Charles Cazabon

Re: LWQ and POP3
        59514 by: Charles Cazabon
        59541 by: Dave Sill

vpopmail
        59516 by: Andrew Wafula

mail not forwarding
        59517 by: Virginia Chism
        59518 by: Charles Cazabon
        59519 by: Virginia Chism
        59520 by: Johan Almqvist
        59522 by: Virginia Chism
        59536 by: Virginia Chism
        59539 by: Virginia Chism
        59540 by: Virginia Chism

Attachments via /usr/bin/sendmail
        59523 by: Alex Le Fevre
        59530 by: Kep Brown
        59532 by: Alex Le Fevre
        59538 by: Alex Le Fevre

QMTP
        59524 by: Federico Edelman Anaya
        59526 by: Dan Peterson
        59527 by: Chris Johnson

10,000 outbound emails
        59528 by: Bill Parker
        59531 by: Kurth Bemis

cyrus authenticating out of CDB
        59533 by: Gaston

Re: VERP problems
        59534 by: Dave Sill
        59542 by: Brett
        59544 by: Charles Cazabon
        59545 by: Dave Sill
        59546 by: Brett

Mostly OT: New qmail server security concerns
        59535 by: Roger Merchberger
        59569 by: James Raftery

same VERP problem
        59537 by: Brett
        59543 by: Dave Sill

help people
        59547 by: Dixon Canario

hey with  Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)
        59548 by: Dixon Canario
        59551 by: Nick (Keith) Fish
        59553 by: David Talkington

Connection unexpectedly terminated
        59549 by: Carey Jung
        59550 by: Mark Delany
        59552 by: Fabrizio Fresco
        59564 by: Carey Jung

outgoing mail to be forwarded to another email
        59554 by: KIM

bounce mail
        59555 by: KY Lui

svscan and heavy load
        59556 by: Aleksander Olsen

perl script in qmail
        59557 by: Essy Ren

Content Types
        59558 by: Alex Le Fevre

me contents
        59559 by: Flash

New to Qmail, probably a stupid question...
        59560 by: Tyrone Mills
        59561 by: Chris Johnson
        59562 by: Tyrone Mills
        59563 by: Jack Thomas

Re: tcpserver rblsmtpd
        59565 by: Rick Updegrove

qmail queue
        59566 by: Sumith

multiple virtualdomains and no locals
        59567 by: Martin Dougiamas

smtp relay & vpopmail
        59568 by: Martin Edlman
        59570 by: Yves Caetano

why it's always send to me even though the condition is 200 ??
        59571 by: Essy Ren

Administrivia:

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To bug my human owner, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks, that appears to do the trick.  I tried doing that with
qmail-inject, and it didn't work.

I surprised that I can't just modify the stream.  I thought that was
the whole point of program delivery.   Doing it this way precludes
checking the message with ezmlm-reject, but I suppose that's not too
big a deal.

thanks again,
Todd

At 05:38 AM 3/22/01, Kirill Miazine wrote:
>You first submit a message to the perl prog, it does its stuff and
>happily exits without doing something with the content
>What if you open a pipe from the program to
>/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-send '/home/list/test'?
>
>something like
>
>#!/usr/bin/perl
>my $from = 'From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]';
>my $list = 'To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]';
>open PIPE, '|/usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-send /home/list/test';
>while (<>) {
>     s/From:\s.+$/$from/io;
>     s/To:\s.+$/$list/io;
>     print PIPE $_;
>}
>close PIPE;

Hi all!

I have now installed qmail and vpopmail from debian distr.

when i tried send a message to local user the message stored in
/var/spool/mail
directory. But when i tried get the message trought pop3 i got error that
$home/maildir
not exist...

how is possible set qmail to store messages to $home/maildir?
or how is possible to configure vpopmail to get messages from
/var/spool/mail?

Tx.

S pozdravem,
Michal Kolesar
+420 608 225025
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.egarden.cz
server of free unix services

* - = k o l i s k o = - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010322 06:33]:
> I have now installed qmail and vpopmail from debian distr.

Packages suck. Why don't you install from source?

> when i tried send a message to local user the message stored in
> /var/spool/mail directory. But when i tried get the message trought
> pop3 i got error that $home/maildir not exist...

Read the manual you must. Understand problem you will.

> how is possible set qmail to store messages to $home/maildir?
> or how is possible to configure vpopmail to get messages from
> /var/spool/mail?

The latter is IMO not desirable. I've put up my config files on the web.
I'm running a setup as described in http://mail.socha.net/about/
https://mail.socha.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/supervise/?cvsroot=CVSROOT

You are probably looking for
https://mail.socha.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/supervise/pop3/run?rev=1.1.1.1&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=CVSROOT

vpopmail has its own mailinglist, BTW.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:40:14AM -0500, Robin S. Socha wrote:
> * - = k o l i s k o = - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010322 06:33]:
> > I have now installed qmail and vpopmail from debian distr.
>
> Packages suck. Why don't you install from source?

Debian packages don't suck. If you are on a Debian list you will
probably get flamed for installing from source, whereas on the qmail
list, you get flamed for not installing from source. Ahh, life is full
of Catch 22s.

> > when i tried send a message to local user the message stored in
> > /var/spool/mail directory. But when i tried get the message trought
> > pop3 i got error that $home/maildir not exist...
>
> Read the manual you must. Understand problem you will.
>
> > how is possible set qmail to store messages to $home/maildir?
> > or how is possible to configure vpopmail to get messages from
> > /var/spool/mail?

The startup script that Debian uses defaults to this delivery method so
that you can easily install IMAP/POP servers, etc. You have to change
the startup script in /etc/init.d and make sure you 'maildirmake' for
all your users.

->Wes

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wesley Wannemacher

: The following (relative to AutoSplit 1.03) attempts to please everyone
: and perhaps pleases no one:

I think that's way cool.
             -- Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

* Wes Wannemacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010322 08:51]:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:40:14AM -0500, Robin S. Socha wrote:
> > * - = k o l i s k o = - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010322 06:33]:

> > > I have now installed qmail and vpopmail from debian distr.
> > Packages suck. Why don't you install from source?
> Debian packages don't suck.

Packages suck. I'm running 5 different operating systems. And just one
set of supervise scripts. Go figure. It's nice to have binary packages
for certain things, but qmail is not one of them. YMMV.

> If you are on a Debian list you will probably get flamed for
> installing from source, whereas on the qmail list, you get flamed for
> not installing from source. Ahh, life is full of Catch 22s.

While Debian is one of the better Linux distributions, their packages
can be very questionable. This thread goes to underline DJB's position
stated in http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html EoD.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Robin S. Socha wrote:

> Packages suck.

Short, sharp and entirely "motherhood" in nature.  I like it.  8-)

> I'm running 5 different operating systems. And just one set of
> supervise scripts. Go figure. It's nice to have binary packages for
> certain things, but qmail is not one of them. YMMV.

No package manager I know stops you from creating and installing a qmail
package that puts the stuff Where Dan Wants Them, and generally respects
http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html.  Since that URL says nothing about
packages[*], and everything about Where Things Go, does this suck?

[*] For _that_, http://cr.yp.to/slashpackage.html.  Which doesn't condemn
    packages like you did, but suggests a neater way to implement them.

--
Adrian Ho   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 09:16:37AM -0500, Robin S. Socha wrote:
> * Wes Wannemacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010322 08:51]:
> > On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 06:40:14AM -0500, Robin S. Socha wrote:
> > > * - = k o l i s k o = - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010322 06:33]:

> > > Packages suck. Why don't you install from source?
> > Debian packages don't suck.
>
> Packages suck. I'm running 5 different operating systems. And just one
> set of supervise scripts. Go figure. It's nice to have binary packages
> for certain things, but qmail is not one of them. YMMV.
>
> > If you are on a Debian list you will probably get flamed for
> > installing from source, whereas on the qmail list, you get flamed for
> > not installing from source. Ahh, life is full of Catch 22s.
>
> While Debian is one of the better Linux distributions, their packages
> can be very questionable. This thread goes to underline DJB's position
> stated in http://cr.yp.to/compatibility.html EoD.

I am not really trying to start a flame war, but the .deb of qmail does
build from source and respects most of DJBs beliefs. I just didn't want
people to get the idea that Debian packages are near as bad as RPMs. I
do appreciate that you see Debian as a 'better Linux distribution'.

->W

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wesley Wannemacher
Instructor / Network Administrator
University of Northwestern Ohio
http://www.unoh.edu/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Perl, or not to Perl, that is the kvetching.
             -- Larry Wall in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> >No deliveries were happening on our qmail server, since I changed the
> >qmail/log/run file installed from qmail rpms to that required by
"isoqlog"
> >(qmail-loganalyzer)
>
> > #!/bin/sh
> > exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t
!isoqlogappend ./main

> >Mails started coming in once I reverted back to the original log
file.....

> >What went wrong, does qmail-send require proper log files to deliver the
> >mails.
>
> From <URL:http://cr.yp.to/daemontools/multilog.html>:
>
>    Note that running processor may block any program feeding input to
>    multilog.
>
> If isoqlogappend blocks; multilog blocks, which blocks qmail-send.

Where does that leave me....what can I do to make isoqlog work????

- Sumith

I would just like to thank you all for your help in getting qmail running on
my server.

Thanks everyone.

Iain Morrison

root     19125  0.5  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise
qmail-send
root     19126  0.0  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise log
root     19127  4.0  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise
qmail-smtpd
root     19128  0.0  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise log
qmaill   19129  0.5  0.3   836  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00
/usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail
qmails   19130  2.0  0.4   876  264 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-send
qmaill   19131  1.5  0.3   836  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00
/usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail/smtpd
root     19136  0.0  0.3   836  232 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-lspawn
./Mailbox
qmailr   19137  0.5  0.3   836  232 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-rspawn
qmailq   19138  0.5  0.3   832  224 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-clean
root     19523  0.0  1.3  2376  836 ttyp3    R    00:26   0:00 ps aux
root     19531  0.0  0.7  1116  468 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 sh ./run
root     19532  0.0  0.7  1112  468 ttyp3    R    00:26   0:00 sh ./run

root     19125  0.0  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise
qmail-send
root     19126  0.0  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise log
root     19127  2.1  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:01 supervise
qmail-smtpd
root     19128  0.0  0.3   828  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 supervise log
qmaill   19129  0.0  0.3   836  204 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00
/usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail
qmails   19130  0.0  0.4   876  264 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-send
qmaill   19131  0.3  0.3   844  232 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00
/usr/local/bin/multilog t /var/log/qmail/smtpd
root     19136  0.0  0.3   836  232 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-lspawn
./Mailbox
qmailr   19137  0.0  0.3   836  232 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-rspawn
qmailq   19138  0.0  0.3   832  224 ttyp3    S    00:26   0:00 qmail-clean
root     29228  0.0  1.3  2376  836 ttyp3    R    00:27   0:00 ps aux
root     29236  0.0  0.7  1116  468 ttyp3    S    00:27   0:00 sh ./run
root     29237  0.0  0.7  1112  468 ttyp3    R    00:27   0:00 sh ./run

Notice the sh ./run ... and how many PID's its gone up in a matter of about
20 seconds.......... This only happens when QMAIL is working........... What
could be causeing this to happen? Qmail works....... I can send/receive via
any domain its currently hosting?  What files you wana see of mine?

Regards

+ "Alan Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

| Notice the sh ./run ... and how many PID's its gone up in a matter of about
| 20 seconds..........

Um, your run files don't run qmail-start, tcpserver and whatever in
the background, do they?  They shouldn't.  On the contrary, run should
do some setup is necessary, then exec some long-running daemon.

For example, here is one of my run files:

; cat /service/qmail/run
#!/bin/sh
PATH=/var/qmail/bin:$PATH
exec env - PATH=$PATH qmail-start ./Mailbox 2>&1

- Harald

"Hubbard, David" wrote:

> Check the logging from your tcpserver on port 25, if
> you see a lot of status 256's over and over, like one
> to ten per second, then it could be a broken Microsoft
> SMTP Service server trying to deliver mail to you.  MS's
> SMTP Service tries to send emails without the
> qmail-required carriage return line feed (\r\n) on the
> end of the lines so the connection is rejected with a
> 442 (number may be wrong) error, a code to tell the
> server to retry again later.  Sometimes these stupid
> servers will instead start retrying as often as they
> can make connections given the available bandwidth.  One
> of my qmail servers is on an OC3 and I was seeing about
> 10 connections per second from one of these machines
> which took up quite a bit of bandwidth.
>
> Here's the MS article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q224/9/83.ASP
>
> Dave

        I agree that it's probably that; it already happened to me a couple of
times. The last time, I found out by doing a netstat during several days
when the incoming traffic was unusually high and finding out one SMTP
connection that didn't die and was always there, even when there wasn't
any other traffic. I connected to the port 25 of that host, and what did
I find?

        "Microsoft SMTP MAIL ready blah blah blah..."

                                                Paulo Jan.
                                                DDnet.

On 21 Mar 01, at 18:39, Charles Cazabon wrote:

> > What is more interesting is that even if I stop qmail, the traffic
> > is still coming to the port 25 in the same amount. :-o

> qmail-smtpd is sometimes started separately, typically under
> tcpserver. It won't stop when you stop the main qmail processes.

What is happening is funny. I stop Qmail, and the at the same time
when IPTRAF reports huge amount of SMTP packets incoming, in
the iplogger logs I have no SMTP attempts at all. When I start
Qmail, in the logger and qmail logs, I have some SMTP data
coming (like two-three messages every 10 minutes... it was 6 in
the morning when I tried it), and IPTRAF still reports 1 MB of data
per minute coming to port 25.

And not only IPTRAF is reporting that, but my provider also, and I
pay for every GB of traffic. Now it seems that I will go bankrupt
really soon :-(

Krzysztof Wychowalek
ICQ# 34184303
GSM +48600225435
PGP Key ID 0xEA9D2A3C

Silver Dirk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I write a program use C/C++ language, and put its path into a dot qmail file
> like this:
>
>     |/path/to/my/program/getmailcontent
>
> But I get nothing but headers. So I need urs help how to get the whole mail
> content from this environment.

Either the message that you received had no body, or your program is buggy.
qmail feeds the whole message to your program, headers plus body, all in
one go.  `man qmail-command` for more details.

Charles

Neafevoc K. Marindale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just setup qmail using Life with qmail, and everything seems to be
> working just fine.  But I wanted to use POP3 with it, and somehow trying to
> add pop3d to tcpserver just isn't working.

What "doesn't work"?  What error messages do you get?  What shows up in the
logs?

Charles

"Neafevoc K. Marindale" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I just setup qmail using Life with qmail, and everything seems to be
>working just fine.  But I wanted to use POP3 with it, and somehow trying to
>add pop3d to tcpserver just isn't working.
>
>I'm still sort of new to he *nix world.  Btw, I'm using FreeBSD 4.2, if it
>matters.  Anyway, this is what script looks like in
>/var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run
>
>#!/bin/sh
>exec /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup FQDN \
>     /usr/local/bin/checkpassword /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1
>
>QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
>NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
>MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
>exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
>     /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
>         -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
>2>&1
>
>---
>And yeah, I did put my fully qualified domain name in FQDN :)

Good.

You can't combine two services in one run script. You need to set up a
separate service for qmail-pop3.

See:

  http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/8225/fid/223

For instructions on setting up qmail-pop3d the LWQ way.

-Dave

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this question but I have seen
alot of questions on virtual domains so I guess it wont hurt to ask.

I have had only a single domain on my qmail machine so I was using system
accounts, which we want to keep. Now the guys high up have decided to add
another domain which is meant to be a virtual domain since it serves mail
for another office which connects thru the Internet.

I set up vpopmail and it is working since I managed to create the virtual
domain and some users. My question is how do I authenticate pop3 for both
the virtual domain and the system accounts on the same machine.

I am running qmail-pop3d under svscan and my script is:

        exec tcpserver 0 110 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup my.domain.co.ke \
        /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

my.domain.co.ke is the domain which we were using system accounts.

Andrew

My server is a UNIX box with BSDi 4.0, Apache, Qmail, and Frontpage.

In order for my FP client to forward email from an 'alias' address on her
page to her personal address, I added  'SMTPHost mymailserver.address.com'
in the frontpage.cnf AND her
domainname.cnf file.  I then  made 'herdomain.org' virtual, and forward mail
out of an appropriate
.qmail file directly:

    echo "herdomain.org:alias-herdomain" >>/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
    echo "&forwardaddress" >~alias/.qmail-herdomain-info

then restarted the system.  I was told NOT to put her in locals, but might
have missed a step.  From the error messages listed below it appears I
should put her in rcpthosts.  Just want to check as I am a newbie and
definitely NOT the guru you folks are!

Please advise.  And thanks in advance!

> tail -f  /usr/var/log/daemon.log

Mar 22 09:22:42 midnightsun named[1321]: sysquery: findns error (NXDOMAIN)
on fiskrri.org?
Mar 22 09:22:43 midnightsun named[1321]: Lame server on 'dns1.telalink.net'
(in'telalink.NET'?): [206.228.179.10].53 'NS1-AUTH.SPRINTLINK.NET': learnt
(A=198.41.0.4,NS=213.177.194.5)
Mar 22 09:22:43 midnightsun [EMAIL PROTECTED][3741]:
connect from imo-m05.mx.aol.com

Returned mail message:

The original message was received at Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:22:36 -0500 (EST)
from root@localhost

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

... while talking to midnightsun.chismtrail.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<<< 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
550 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>... User unknown

--------------------
Final-Recipient: RFC822; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; midnightsun.chismtrail.com
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed
rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:23:14 -0500 (EST)

--------------------
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:22:36 EST
Subject: test
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:23:14 -0500 (EST)
From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Returned mail: User unknown
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Auto-Submitted: auto-generated (failure)

Virginia Chism <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I then  made 'herdomain.org' virtual, and forward mail
> out of an appropriate
> .qmail file directly:
>
>     echo "herdomain.org:alias-herdomain" >>/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains
>     echo "&forwardaddress" >~alias/.qmail-herdomain-info
>
> then restarted the system.  I was told NOT to put her in locals, but might
> have missed a step.  From the error messages listed below it appears I
> should put her in rcpthosts.  Just want to check as I am a newbie and
> definitely NOT the guru you folks are!

Yes, put "herdomain.org" in rcpthosts, or mail for that domain will not
be accepted over SMTP.

Charles

OK.  I meant to change that.  sorry!

This is in '/usr/var/qmail/alias'

.qmail-fiskrri-info     .qmail-postmaster       .qmail-webmaster
.qmail-mailer-daemon    .qmail-root             Maildir
midnightsun% pwd

and  .qmail-fiskrri-info loopks like this:
&[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "Brad Dameron" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Anyone have a good example of using the tcpserver rblsmtpd with qmail?
>
> I am currently using "/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -c 120 -D -x
> /mail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -u 501 -g 500 0 smt
> p /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &" as
my
> start line in my rc.local file.

I use a LWQ style - vpopmail enbabled supervised run script

#!/bin/sh
# Note: concurrencyincoming is a feature of this script.
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 4000000 \
tcpserver -v -p -x /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
-u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp \
/usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd \
-r relays.orbs.org \
-r rbl.maps.vix.com \
-r blackholes.mail-abuse.org \
-r dialups.mail-abuse.org \
-r 'relays.mail-abuse.org:Open relay problem - see
<URL:http://www.mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/nph-rss?%IP%>' \
qmail-smtpd 2>&1

Hope this helps

Rick Up

Hello All

Excuse me if this question has been repeated a lot of times...

I've install qmail from memphis rpms. also VPOPMAIL 4.9.8-1

How can I know how many concurrent qmail deliveries are taking place on my qmail server, both qmail-local and qmail-remote

I have applied the qmail-concurrent-patch, and big-todo-patch

There is no concurrencylocal and concurrencyremote presently in /var/qmail/control

If the default is 10 for concurrencylocal and 20 for concurrency remote (which lwq says)....what would be the safe number to increase this to on my PIII 800 , 512 MB RAM, IDE hard disk handling about 500 virtual domains.

I hope that some one helps me to clear my doubts.

Regards
Sumith

OK, I'm going round in circles with this one ... help!

I have a server which has real users on it: user1, user2, user3.
They all have Maildirs set up for them.

The server is known as domain1.com, domain2.com and domain3.com
"control/me" is "domain1.com".

I want these to work:

   user1 at domain1.com
   user2 at domain2.com
   user3 at domain3.com

but I want all OTHER combinations to be bounced!

Obviously (?) I can't put anything in the "control/locals" file,
because whatever I put in there appears to activate ALL the
local user accounts for that domain.

So I put something like this in the control/virtualdomains file:

  domain1.com:alias-domain1
  domain2.com:alias-domain2
  domain3.com:alias-domain3

and in ~alias I made files like this:

  .qmail-domain1-user1
  .qmail-domain2-user2
  .qmail-domain3-user3

But what do I put in these files?  I tried putting this sort of thing,
as per the manual:

  eg ~alias/.qmail-domain-user2:

      /home/user2/Maildir/

but I get "Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir" errors.  I also tried just

      user2

but I get "Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name" errors, because I guess
it's looking for a .qmail-domain1-user2 alias ...

So what should I be doing?

Thanks,
Martin
--
### Martin Dougiamas     ###
### http://dougiamas.com ###

Hello,
        I'm new to the qmail. I made it running, I set up vpopmail with mysql,
so I can receive mails for multiple domains and users can read their
mails. After first troubles and disapointment I realized that qmail is
simply great.
        But I still has one problem. I cannot send e-mails via qmail-smtp to
non-local domains, I get back the error message
553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)

        So I need to set up relaying. I looked to the FAQ, HOWTO, Docs, ... but
found no answer (maybe I search badly). I have following settings (see
below). I want to allow all our clients (using our IP blocks) to use
smtp.

        Next thing I want to ask - does the qmail rebuild the 'cdb' files
automatically after service restart? As far as I found, it seems to me
that it doesn't.

Regards,
Martin

-------
this one is from qmail distro
# cat /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.rules
:allow
-------
this one is from vpopmail distro
# cat /var/qmail/virtual/etc/tcp.smtp
127.0.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
-------
# cat /var/qmail/service/smtpd/run
#!/bin/sh
. /usr/share/qmail/run-functions

# If rblsmtpd is installed, process rbltimeout rbldomains, and
antirbldomains
if [ -x /usr/bin/rblsmtpd ]; then
        readdefault domains antirbldomains ""
        for domain in $domains; do
                rblopts="$rblopts -a $domain"
        done
        readdefault domains rbldomains ""
        for domain in $domains; do
                rblopts="$rblopts -r $domain"
        done
        readdefault timeout rbltimeout 60
        if [ -n "$rblopts" ]; then
                rbl="/usr/bin/rblsmtpd -t $timeout $rblopts"
        fi
fi

# Start daemons.
readdefault concurrency concurrencysmtpd 20
do_ulimits

exec envuidgid qmaild \
tcpserver -DRUvX -c "$concurrency" -l "`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`"
\
        -x /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.cdb 0 smtp \
        fixcrio $rbl qmail-smtpd
------

Martin Edlman
Fortech s.r.o, Litomysl
Public PGP key: http://edas.visaci.cz/#keys

hi,

Martin Edlman wrote:

> Hello,
>         I'm new to the qmail. I made it running, I set up vpopmail with mysql,
> so I can receive mails for multiple domains and users can read their
> mails. After first troubles and disapointment I realized that qmail is
> simply great.
>         But I still has one problem. I cannot send e-mails via qmail-smtp to
> non-local domains, I get back the error message
> 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)
>
>         So I need to set up relaying. I looked to the FAQ, HOWTO, Docs, ... but
> found no answer (maybe I search badly). I have following settings (see
> below). I want to allow all our clients (using our IP blocks) to use
> smtp.
>
>         Next thing I want to ask - does the qmail rebuild the 'cdb' files
> automatically after service restart? As far as I found, it seems to me
> that it doesn't.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

if i am right, the next setting is for smtp

so change it like this: you have to allow all your local ip blocks to
relay
if you have these networks for exapmle:
192.168.1.
192.168.2.
234.43.21.

and they are local for you so make an entry
192.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
192.168.2.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
234.43.21.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""

so you will relay mails but only for your local ip addresses.

hope i could help you :-)

cu ycae

> -------
> this one is from qmail distro
> # cat /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.rules
> :allow
> -------
> this one is from vpopmail distro
> # cat /var/qmail/virtual/etc/tcp.smtp
> 127.0.0.:allow,RELAYCLIENT=""
> -------
> # cat /var/qmail/service/smtpd/run
> #!/bin/sh
> . /usr/share/qmail/run-functions
>
> # If rblsmtpd is installed, process rbltimeout rbldomains, and
> antirbldomains
> if [ -x /usr/bin/rblsmtpd ]; then
>         readdefault domains antirbldomains ""
>         for domain in $domains; do
>                 rblopts="$rblopts -a $domain"
>         done
>         readdefault domains rbldomains ""
>         for domain in $domains; do
>                 rblopts="$rblopts -r $domain"
>         done
>         readdefault timeout rbltimeout 60
>         if [ -n "$rblopts" ]; then
>                 rbl="/usr/bin/rblsmtpd -t $timeout $rblopts"
>         fi
> fi
>
> # Start daemons.
> readdefault concurrency concurrencysmtpd 20
> do_ulimits
>
> exec envuidgid qmaild \
> tcpserver -DRUvX -c "$concurrency" -l "`head -1 /var/qmail/control/me`"
> \
>         -x /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.cdb 0 smtp \
>         fixcrio $rbl qmail-smtpd
> ------
>
> Martin Edlman
> Fortech s.r.o, Litomysl
> Public PGP key: http://edas.visaci.cz/#keys

--
Yves Caetano
Server Support Engineer
Tel: 295383 254
Fax: 295383 222
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.incotech.lu

I make script like this to send me email when there's no 200 ...
the truth is it's work fine ..
but when i am using crontab -e and put this line :

0,20,40 * * * * /home/essy/public_html/perl/httpresponse

it's send me hundred and more email to me ...

here's the script :

#!/bin/bash
perl /home/essy/public_html/perl/http -r www.ojolali.com > hasil1;
grep -i 200 /home/essy/public_html/perl/hasil1 > /usr/backup/error1;
until grep -i 200 /usr/backup/error1; do