when I run qmail-qread I get 108,000 lines of emails, most of which have
sent.  When I run qmail-qstat is says that there typically about 250 emails
that in queue.

Is that normal to have that may lines returned from qmail-qread?

qmail-clean is running and is started along with the other processes.

I have qmHandle that really helps to see what is in the queue, but is there
another way to get all of the items that are waiting to be delivered and all
of the bounces, with the reason that things are being bounced?

Right now the only way I can tell what is up with an email when it is not
working is to look in the log, run qmHandle and check the bounce directory.

I am using vpopmail and only processing about 40,000 emails a day.

Thanks in advance.