Todd Goldenbaum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Install mutt.  Then just do the following, to create MIME-type file
> > attachments:
> >
> > echo "This is the message body.
> > It can have multiple lines." \
> >   | mutt -a /path/to/file1 -a /path/to/file2 recipient1 recipient2 ...
>
> wow, and then if qmail is installed i guess that's what mutt would use to
> actually send it?

Yes.  For additional flexibility, you can configure Mutt (in /etc/Muttrc,
or ~/.muttrc) with "set envelope_from=yes", to set the envelope sender address
from the contents of the From: header.

As another poster noted, you can also explicitly set the sendmail mutt
variable to be qmail-inject as well.

Charles