Matt Simonsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> First, the problem: we need to send email from our Qmail server using
> standard time instead of GMT.

The right solution is to have your MUA (or your users' MUAs) insert a
Date: header before passing the mail on to qmail.  qmail will then leave
it alone, and it will be in whatever timezone you want.

However...

> I found a solution to this problem from Dave Sill saying to use datemail...
> He says that, "Some people even replace qmail-inject with a symbolic link to
> datemail" This is the solution we really need, that is, one where we can
> continue to use the qmail-inject command. At this point I have tried both a
> symbolic link and actually copying datemail to qmail-inject, but we continue
> to get the error message:
>
> [root@wrapguy bin]# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
> sendmail: illegal option -- H
> sendmail: usage: sendmail [ -t ] [ -fsender ] [ -Fname ] [ -bp ] [ -bs ] [
> arg ... ]

A sendmail error when calling qmail-inject?  Something is screwy.  What
does `ls -l /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject` output?  It looks like your
qmail-inject is a symlink to either the qmail sendmail wrapper, or a real
sendmail binary (can't recall enough about the error messages each gives
to determine which).

Charles