Essy,

Do a search on freshmeat.net for sms, and that should return a shed
of scripts which can send sms to public sms servers / networks.
Find one that suits your scenario best.

Next you need to setup ~user/.qmail file.
Add a line in the file beginning with |

I think some of the boys & girls on this list use things like
preline or similar in conjunction with ~user/.qmail file to deliver
mail to other programs.

This is basically what you want to do.
It would appear straight-forward, what you need to do is basically
use the .qmail file to pass the header information as parameters to the
sms program.

Anyone want to comment on which variables would supply header info of email
to use within .qmail to send to a program (without being flamed if info
resides
in some obscure man file).

Regards,

Ben Murphy