On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 10:22:20AM -0500, Peter Cavender wrote:
> I want to run the openssh daemon under supervise...should my "run" script be:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/local/sbin/sshd -D
>
> I am not sure what options to use with sshd.
> As above it seems to work;
> if I use no options it flips out;
> using fghack it seems to work but I always get a zombied (initial)
> sshd process.
>

> Anybody else doing this?

Yes, I am.  My run script looks like this:

#!/bin/sh
exec fghack /usr/local/sbin/sshd <&-

I don't know what -D does.  You probably meant to use -d (debug);
while it suppresses sshd's urge to background itself, it also only
allows one connection.  This is fine if you have a good connection
which never drops.  Unfortunately, I'm having a little trouble in that
department about now, so I managed to lock myself out of my system
doing that.  (Fortunately, I have two routes into my internal
network.)  Also fortunately, -d turns out not to be needed.

--
David Benfell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                [from fortune]