----- Original Message -----
From: John Cope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 4:41 PM
Subject: SMTP not working .....

> I have qmail running configured to use LDAP to authenticate.  Courier-IMAP
> server running doing IMAP and POP3 also using LDAP to authenticate.  When
> try to send a email message it hangs up and never connects..  I not sure
> where else to look for clues, I don't see anything in the logs, but maybe
> I'm looking in the wrong place, any suggestions?
>

> John Cope

John,

Could you please be a little more specific as to what you mean by "it hangs
up and never connects".

Do you mean your server? Or your mail client?

What do your logs say? Could you please post the relevant sections of your
logs that might have errors in them.

It's much better to post the relevant information regarding the problem,
that way the community can help you fix whats broken.

- Jack Thomas
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]