Alex Le Fevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Since OBSD doesn't seem to want to let me have user names over 8 characters,
> I'd like to set up an alias to a user account to solve the problem. My
> impression was that I could just do the following:
>
> 1) create /home/alias/.qmail-thealiasname, containing
> /home/username/Maildir

Not quite; that will try to deliver to an mbox file named "Maildir" in
username's homedir, but as user alias.

Chances are that you want that .qmail file to contain "&username" instead,
which will forward the mail from the long name to the short username.
Then, that user's .qmail file (or the system default delivery specification)
will control the final delivery.

Charles