David Benfell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So, I give up.  I'm guessing other MTA's have at least as many real,
> documented issues with RFC compliance as qmail.  And I only see a couple
> things that might be important.  Am I wrong?  What's the deal?

There are some RFCs that Dan has chosen not to implement in qmail, and the
few complaints about RFC compliance that I've seen backed up with actual
data have been about that.  The primary ones that I've seen mentioned are
DSNs and SMTP AUTH.

I understand the reasons for both of these, mind, and am not arguing that
qmail should necessarily implement them.  Not implementing those
extensions certainly doesn't make qmail a non-RFC-compliant e-mail system,
just one that doesn't implement some optional features.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>