annoyingly, some usenet poster has been using my domain and a MADE UP username
as his posting address.

now I'm constantly getting hits to my mailserver for this bogus username
on my valid domainname.  and I'm forced to receive all their junk, even if
I end up forwarding the mail to /dev/null or similar.

I'd like to be able to reject the connect attempt as early as possible
WITHOUT even receiving any bodyparts.  if they've gotton as far as
sending me bodyparts, the spammer has already stolen some of my
bandwidth, which I obviously object to.  and I don't want to bounce that msg
right back since then the spammer would have stolen 2x.

I know that the initial HELO connect will steal b/w, but its very minimal
compared to some of the binary and long-text attachments that I'm currently
forced to receive.

I've installed Erwin Hoffmann's spamcontrol patch and it seems to be working
ok, but I still believe that my local qmail is still accepting the whole
bodypart in order to bounce it back.  I do NOT want it bounced back - I don't
even want to store it on my system at all.  I'm perfectly ok with simply
rejecting the initial HELO and that would be the end of it.

can this be done so early in the handshaking stage with qmail?

TIA,

--
/b/r/y/a/n/