On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 04:26:41PM -0500, David Talkington wrote:
> Works quite well.  Unfortunately, we weren't able to continue using it
> for political reasons.  Once in place, rblsmtpd began rejecting and
> logging several messages per hour, and too many of the open relays
> turned out to be "friendlies".

I have made modifications to rblsmtpd, qmail-smtpd and wrote a mess822
package that allows you to not reject but tag messages with infos about
RBLs the sending IP is in and with the mess822 package users can decide
which messages to
    - reject (with bouncesaying)
    - forward to another account for review
in their .qmail files.

In case you're interested, have a look (start) at
    http://www.lamer.de/maex/creative/software/ucspi-tcp/

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299