Jerry Lynde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I installed vpopmail about halfway yesterday, just enough to break mail
> delivery.

Oops.

> vpopmail took over diligence.com as a virtual domain with no users, and
> started bouncing
> messages... Does anyone know a way to get those bounced messages back here?

If vpopmail (which I understand is called in the manner of qmail-command)
actually bounced them, they're gone.  The only way to get them back is phone
the people who sent them originally and get them to send it again.

> Are they floating in a local queue somewhere? Are they sitting on the
> various sender's mail servers waiting to come in?

No, they would still exist if they had been deferred, but not if they were
bounced.

> Are they simply gone, in which case I should probably email everyone I can
> think of and ask them to send anything they sent from yesterday afternoon
> onward?

Yes.

Charles