<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I have just set up Qmail to use Maildir. It is working fine sending to an
>existing user. The problem is it cannot send to the alias mailbox such as
>~alias/.qmail-postmaster. I think I'm missing something. I've already
>touched and chmod 644 ~alias/.qmail-postmaster.
>It still returns this error: "deferral:
>Unable_to_chdir_to_maildir._(#4.2.1)".
>I have tried creating ~alias/.qmail-postmaster as a directory but qmail
>couldn't recognize it as a mail recipient.
>
>I would very much appreciate any assistance. Thanks!

You sound a little confused. .qmail files give delivery directions.
They're *always* files. They can direct delivery to a mailbox--which
can be either a file (mbox) or directory (maildir). If you want to
deliver to a maildir, specify the name of the maildir in the .qmail
file, e.g.:

  ./postmaster/

and create the maildir using maildirmake:

  /var/qmail/bin/maildirmake ./postmaster

and make it be owned by the right user:

  chown -R alias ~alias/postmaster

-Dave