On 22-Apr-2001 davidu wrote:

> Marco writes:
>
>> Hi davidu,very clear but now I've a problem:
>> actually my smtproutes contains the name/ip of a local (LAN)
>> machine who receives mail from qmail machine...
>
> And for whom does this machine recieve mail from?  Is it to employees or
> something on the lan?  Do they all have a common domain? (Read on)
>
>> I guess I can't use 2 different rules into smtproutes.
>> LAN machine can't get mail directly from ISP
>> *only* from qmail :-(
>
> You can do this:
>
> 1) Lets say you have office.company.com and you want all mail to go from the
> server out to smtp.isp.com except for mail destined for employees on the
> "office.company.com" mail server.
>
> you could do this in your /var/qmail/control/smtproutes

> This would make all mail destined for "office.company.com" go to a mail
> server at "smtp.office.company.com" and ALL other mail to "smtp.isp.com"
>
> Hopefully this makes sense and helps,
> please someone correct me if I am wrong. ;-)
>
> -davidu
Hi davidu,Dave<David Means>(tks for your suggestion)
before reading this mail (believe me!) I tested myself if more than
one rule could be used into ../smtproutes:
the answer is YES! :-)

Actually I have first line as it was previously to route mail to LAN pc:

hostname:ipaddr_of_hostname

plus 3 new rules to route mail for SMTP servers who require FQDN:

domain.com1:mail.myisp.com
domain.com2:mail.myisp.com
domain.com3:mail.myisp.com

Thanks all