On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 12:44:03PM -0400, David Young wrote:
> > ScanMail is broken.
>
> Only about 1/3 are from ScanMail. And I'm not sure it's behavior is so
> broken... if you detect a virus from a list, is it better/worse to flood the
> list with warnings that the virus was found, or remain silent and risk more
> users flooding the list with more viruses? Either way, it's a lot of junk
> mail.

It appears there are people who still click on attachments that they
shouldn't click on, I don't see how a flood of messages would make
them more judicious. I picked on ScanMail because it was the first to
respond back, but all of these virus scanners should bounce to the
envelope sender address and not to addresses in the to: line.