On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Foo Ji-Haw wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set up qmail to support a 200,000 user domain. Can someone pls
> recommend a feasible way to do this? I don't think adding 200,000 records in
> /etc/passwd is such a good idea.

You can use the Inter7 solutions. It's free software and works just fine,
as far as I know.
You may be interested in vopmail, that supports a lot of features,
Check it out: http://inter7.com/vpopmail/

"Features:
                Automates all qmail file modifications into
                documented command line programs.

                Uses only 1 entry in /etc/passwd - everything
                runs under a single UID/GID
                support for named and IP based virtual
                domains.

                NFS safe, dynamic user mailbox directory
                creation for 10 to 10 million users using a "fill in
                ballenced 3 level tree".

                Configurable logging based on real world
                admin's comments and requirements.

                Support for Oracle, Sybase, Mysql, LDAP,
                /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and default cdb
                authentication storage.

                Delivers directly to Maildir for use with
                qmail-pop3d, .qmail files or any other Maildir
                program.

                No need to have hundreds of .qmail files for
                virtual domains. Each domain gets it's own
                directory under vpopmail user with a separate
                password file for each domain.

                Documented command line programs that can
                be used in scripts or for remote admin.
                Documented C library for all vpopmail features
                and transactions.
"

For others softwares fro inter7: http://inter7.com/freesoftware/

regards

daniduc

Daniel Lobato Duclos - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.cybershark.net
Money Isn't Our God - Integrity Will Free Our Soul (Sepultura - CutThroat)