From: "|nix ZixinG" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> -R disables IDENT
> -H disables reverse DNS lookups

Actually thats not always enough.  I had -H and -R and still had the dreaded
slow response times.  http://cr.yp.to/ucspi-tcp/tcpserver.html  says (and LWQ
should also)

-l localname: Do not look up the local host name in DNS; use localname for the
environment variable $TCPLOCALHOST. A common choice for localname is 0. To avoid
loops, you must use this option for servers on TCP port 53.

Mine look like:

tcpserver -l0 -v -H -R 0 pop-3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup (and so on)
tcpserver -l0 -v -p -H -R -x /home/vpopmail/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD"
( and so on)

Hope that helped,

Rick Up

P.S.  Should we all just just add the response to this FAQ our signatures?