> A note to potential qmail newbies: we'll help you.  Honestly.  You
> just have to promise to do your homework, give it an honest try
> before asking for help, and to post good problem reports (detailing
> what you did, what the system did, and what you thought it was going
> to do instead, with complete logs and contents of control files).
> If you're not willing to promise that much, you will receive nothing
> but beatings for your pains, in this list, or anywhere else in life
> for that matter.

Why isn't this type of message in the qmail-subscribe auto-generated
reply? I have suggested this many times myself, and seen many other
people suggest it as well. Simply pointing out this kind of thing and
linking to the major sources of documentation would save a bundle of
time and emotion. Of course, one could also point out that having the
list message-moderated with a couple of good moderators in a couple of
opposing timezones would significantly increase the signal to noise
ratio.
--
"Pascal, n.: A programming language named after a man who would turn over
in his grave if he knew about it."

- The Chartered Institution of C Programmers