Peter Farmer([EMAIL PROTECTED])@2001.05.02 15:50:13 +0000:
> On 16:54:34 - 02/05/01, Peter Peltonen wrote:
> >
> > Okay... It seems my problem was due to use of switches I didn't need and not
> > really understanding what I was doing :)
> >
> > Still I have two questions about ezmlm:
> >
> > 1) how do I add a bunch of addresses to a list (locally or remotely)?
> >
> >    I tried 'ezmlm-sub /home/test/lists/testlist <temp' where temp was a file
> >    that contained a bunch of addresses, but that did not work.
> >
> > 2) how do I delete a list (just rm away the .qmail files and the list dir?)
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Peter
>
> Let me rephrase that, try
>
> cat temp | ezmlm-sub /home/test/lists/testlist

1)
thats the same like 'ezmlm-sub /path/to/list <adress.txt' but wastes
more system resources by creating the process environment for cat.
the contents of the textfile go to stdin of ezmlm-sub in both cases and
this is actually what you want. do you have fully qualified email
adresses in your sourcefile? could you please doublecheck your
sourcefile for invalid email adresses?

2)
sounds reasonable. you might try something like
---
cd ~listuserid
mkdir .disabled
mv .qmail-listname* listname .disabled
---
which actually allows you to revive it again or browse the archives if
they exist. to stop servicing the list you could simply rename the
corresponding .qmail-listname* files to let's say .deactivated-listname*

/k

--
> Anxiety, n.: The first time you can't do it a second time.
> Panic, n.: The second time you can't do it the first time.
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- http://www.webmonster.de -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 BF46