Karsten W. Rohrbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Johan Almqvist([EMAIL PROTECTED])@2001.05.08 15:13:46 +0000:
> > It doesn't follow Maildir file naming conventions. Not even close...
[...]
> but the only thing i can see here is that the filename generation is
> somewhat different. why should this cause mail to be lost as long as the
> generated filenames are unique?

That's the whole point -- djb's Maildir naming convention is designed to
prevent namespace collisions, regardless of how many machines are delivering
into the same Maildir simultaneously, or how many processes, or anything.  If
every program follows his rules, it all works.

procmail, for some reason, uses a totally different naming convention.
There's no good reason for it, and it could result in a namespace collision.
As soon as you get a collision, you've lost mail.

Why take chances?

Charles