Hi Rick,

> I suggest that you supervise it and see what happens.  AFAIK
> LWQ does not reccomend that you use inetd and neither does anyone
> on this list.

Okay, I did so.

But the problem is still there... no change.

> What is the timeout set to?  I set mine to 5 minutes and I
> use "-l0 -H -R" in my script as illustrated above.

Which timeout do you refer to? The "SMTP no transfer" timeout I can set in
Outlook Express? This is set to the highest value (5 min), but I don't think
the problem is there...

QMail seems to do something wrong, at least in my configuration (because
it's sending a FIN packet after 60 seconds). As said before: I've tried with
several eMail programs from several locations in different countries.
And other eMail providers (like GMX or Hotmail) work without problems with
the same configuration directives set on the client.

The logs don't help much either, because only connection attempts and
connection ends are logged.

Any other suggestions?

Jens