> The question still exists, becase these list i amazing small,
> maybe we should hang in the qmail-linglist...
>
> if you /or my, have any info, i'm happy if we share....
>
> until now, i cant use, i tryed to patch smtpd, but
> it acts without prompting for any informations, so
> im not sure, if the smtpd or the checkpassword fails.

ok - I got it working - the qmail-mysql patch for
checkpassword and qmail -

I just added the patch for checkpassword-0.90 nd
then added /bin/checkpassword /bin/true to the end
of /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd in the smtp server
startup script and BANG - works :)

Where are you gettin stuck ??

Tonino

-------------------------------------
thats the problem, im not really sure..

perl -e 'printf "tst\@mydomain.ch\0test\0"' | /bin/checkpassword env
3<&0
result my data in mysql, so checkpassword-90 is working with mysql

my start file looks
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -R -H -v -p -x /etc/tcpcontrol/smtp.cdb \
 -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 smtp
/server/apps/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd /bin/checkpassword /bin/true \
/server/apps/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd \
/server/apps/qmail/rc &

it tryed also to put my FQDN beetween qmail-smtp and checkpassword
no affects, if i telnet my self on port 25, it connects me to
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 myFQDN ESMTP

so, im not sure if qmail-smtpd patch failed to compile in...
my used version are:
checkpassword-0.90
checkpassword-0.90-mysql-0.6.6.patch
qmail-smtpd-auth-0.30