[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> hi,
> but isn't it possible to do it like in sendmail in the mailertable?
>
> if you take the smtproutes of qmail it is nearly the same than the
> mailertable of sendmail but you cannot add a line like this
> domain.com:[EMAIL PROTECTED] .is this true?
>
> i don't want that the server will act as a popserver and then forward
> it. i want the smtp to forward directly.
>
> cu ycae
>
> Yves Caetano
> Server Support Engineer

I don't understand your meaning here.  If, by your statement, you mean
that you think your qmail server is using pop3 protocol to receive
messages from a particular domain, you are mistaken.  Servers never act
as pop3 servers unless people are retrieving mail from their inbox via
the pop3 protocol.  The rest of the time, one server will initiate a
SMTP connection with another.  As far as simply setting the route up
like that in your smtproutes file, it cannot be done.  smtproutes only
accepts hosts, never users.  Use the alias method and your mail should
route smoothly.

--
Keith
Network Engineer