Does anyone know of a reliable way to programatically test whether an
incoming message is part of a qmail "virtualdomain" or not?

I've been looking at qmail-send's environment variables under
both a regular setup and a virtualdomain, and can't find a surefire
way to differentiate the two cases.  Take a look at qmail-command(8)
under "ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" to see what I'm talking about.

I need a method that works under vmailmgr, vpopmail, and qmail's
builtin "virtualdomains" support.

For example, under vpopmail, the 'USER' environment variable is set to
the virtualdomain instead of the username, so this is easily tested
for (if username != $USER, ...).  However, this isn't the case under
vmailmgr or "virtualdomains".

Thanks.

--
(TMDA - http://tmda.sourceforge.net/)