On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 09:51:19PM +0200, Roberto Marzialetti wrote:
> > I need to provide users with the ability to send mail to anywhere. But
> since
> > that can make my server an open relay, i was thinking of a solution where
> > user must receive mail before sending, thus proving that he can use the
> > server for relaying.
>
> you need of vpopmail

Sorry, this is nonsense. You need either one of the SMTP-AFTER-POP solutions
from qmail.org (relay-ctl for example) or a SMTP AUTH patch - or both.
Clients need to support SMTP AUTH if this is the way you want to go.

--
* Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *