I am trying to install sqwebmail on a server running qmail.

I followed the (limited) installation documentation, and seem to have gotten
it installed and partially running.  qmail is installed and working
correctly (as far as I can tell), as is qmail-pop3d.  The sqwebmail
documentation makes occasional references to vpopmail, which concerns me
slightly considering the problem I'm having.

I cannot login.  I am using a functional account, but sqwebmail rejects the
username/password.

I know this does not provide you with much specific error data, but
hopefully someone out there has tried this, and can tell me what I have to
do to get the authentication working.  Has anyone ever gotten this working
with qmail-pop3d and checkpassword?  Do I need to use a different pop
server?

Any assistance/direction would be greatly appreciated.

--joshua.