hi-

I've started to hack around with qmail-inject.c a bit. i'm trying to modify
the file to optionally look for a "control/addmessage" file, the contents of
which will be appended to every locally generated message.

i'm having some difficulty tacking the addmessage onto the message as it
passes through qmail-inject, so i'm trying to insert some simple logging
messages so i can follow the execution of  qmail-inject.

one thing that i'm having a difficult time following:  it looks like Dan
Berenstein's logging architecture for qmail is broken down into 3 pretty
simple calls:

(from qsutil.c)
void log1(s1) char *s1; {
 substdio_putsflush(&sserr,s1); }
void log2(s1,s2) char *s1; char *s2; {
 substdio_putsflush(&sserr,s1);
 substdio_putsflush(&sserr,s2); }
void log3(s1,s2,s3) char *s1; char *s2; char *s3; {
 substdio_putsflush(&sserr,s1);
 substdio_putsflush(&sserr,s2);
 substdio_putsflush(&sserr,s3); }

from what i gather, all of these just write messages to stderr, and
multilog/splogger are responsible for collecting them.

i happen to be using multilog (LWQ style)

but when i modify qmail-inject to place a logging call, i get nothing in
/var/log/qmail/current

this line placed in void main(), before any other function.

log1("qmail-inject: started");

can anyonepoint me in the right direction to understand why this fails?

thanks-

dan