* Todd Finney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [010522 01:09]:
> I thought about that, but it isn't really an ezmlm question
> anymore.  There doesn't seem to be an example on using qmail-queue
> anywhere.  It seems to me that there probably should be.

Fair enough.

> >So make ezmlm-reject omit that behavior. `man ezmlm-reject`
>
> And give up the spam protection that this provides?  No thanks :).

There are ways of emulating this sort of spam protection with ezmlm-issubn;
a couple have been mentioned on the ezmlm list. Check the archives at
[http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ezmlm].

> >Eek, why not invoke ezmlm-send for each list? `man ezmlm-send` No need
> >mess with qmail-queue, I don't think.
>
> Yea, that sounds nice, but there isn't an example of using that outside
> of a .qmail file, either.   I'd think that
>
> tfinney]$ cat ./list_monthly_announcement.txt |
> /usr/local/bin/ezmlm/ezmlm-send /home/list/test/
>
> would work, but no dice.

That is indeed the syntax. I'm still pretty convinced that this is the best
way to do this; you might want to look into why that doesn't work,
regardless of any other solution.

[...]
> I tried three different formats.  I believe the first is correct, but I
> saw a few mentioning of the other two, and tried them.  I saw no
> difference in running the script with any of them.
>
> F [EMAIL PROTECTED]\0
> T [EMAIL PROTECTED]\0
> \0\0

This should be:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]\[EMAIL PROTECTED]\0\0

Is that what you meant?

> >Er, off the top of my head, you want to reverse that wokka, since
> >STDOUT is
> >an output stream. Like:
> >
> >   open \*STDIN,  "<&MSG";
> >   open \*STDOUT, ">&ENV";

Any luck with this?

> >Anyway, it seems to be a lot of overkill. Just iterate over your lists
> >and
> >invoke ezmlm-send for each one. Done.
>
> Thanks, I'll look into that, but I think a little more explicit
> documentation on qmail-queue would be helpful.

John Levine just threw together a Perl module that invokes qmail-queue
directly. See [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=qmail&m=99016757917465&w=2];
it might be helpful. (I'm actually already using it...it is *really* nice.
:-)

/pg
--
Peter Green : Architekton Internet Services, LLC : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---