qmail Digest 23 May 2001 10:00:00 -0000 Issue 1373

Topics (messages 62839 through 62882):

R: R: leave a copy of messages on server
        62839 by: Andrea Cerrito
        62842 by: tonix (Antonio Nati)

Re: R: leave a copy of messages on server
        62840 by: Karsten W. Rohrbach

Re: Timeout issues.
        62841 by: Karsten W. Rohrbach

Re: injecting qmail-queue (asking again)
        62843 by: peter green

Qmail with amavis
        62844 by: Francisco André Barbosa Neto
        62848 by: Eduardo Augusto Alvarenga

how control smtp relay
        62845 by: Gustav-Martin Olsen
        62866 by: daiyuwen

Re: leave a copy of messages on server
        62846 by: Roberto Marzialetti

Re: qmail-pop3d and /var/spool/mail or NO /HOME/$USER
        62847 by: Charles Cazabon

10 Million Messages per day
        62849 by: Mark Lo
        62850 by: Alex Povolotsky
        62851 by: Charles Cazabon
        62852 by: Mark Lo
        62854 by: Philipp Steinkrüger
        62865 by: Medi Montaseri

/var/qmail/alias/.qmail-default vs virtualdomains
        62853 by: Dean Staff
        62857 by: Charles Cazabon

manymanymany splogger processes
        62855 by: Ahead of the Street
        62856 by: Peter van Dijk
        62860 by: Joshua Nichols
        62862 by: Peter van Dijk
        62863 by: Willy De la Court

Re: qmail + vpopmail + maildrop + sqwebmail 2.0.0
        62858 by: Hank Wethington

Re: pulling mail from other than new/cur (sorry again...better reply address)
        62859 by: Paul Gregg

qmail-pop3d advice ( migrate to vpopmail ? )
        62861 by: Renato
        62864 by: Charles Cazabon

gcc programming with qmail
        62867 by: KY Lui

Problems with SMTP connections
        62868 by: Graham H.
        62869 by: Eduardo Augusto Alvarenga

webmail recommendations?
        62870 by: Eric Paynter
        62871 by: Chris Hellberg
        62872 by: John Chapman
        62873 by: Remo Mattei
        62874 by: Olivier M.
        62875 by: Robert Sander

R: webmail recommendations?
        62876 by: Andrea Cerrito
        62879 by: Olivier M.
        62881 by: Henning Brauer

Re: bash script to use with vadddomain (vpopmail)
        62877 by: jcarreiro

R: help: bash script to use with vadddomain (vpopmail)
        62878 by: Andrea Cerrito

Message size limiting
        62880 by: Davidson Thaba

R: R: webmail recommendations?
        62882 by: Andrea Cerrito

Administrivia:

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To bug my human owner, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Mmmmhhh, I don't think it's possible.
Anyway, you can set a crontab to delete old messages (ie: 30 days old) or you can set quota.

It's not advisable to make the delete mandatory because:

1) user may want to look his/her messages from a location, and to download them from another one,
2) the data transfer may fail for some reason (and you force deletion of a message unread by user)

Good work

---
Cordiali saluti / Best regards
Andrea Cerrito
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Net.Admin @ Centro MultiMediale di Terni S.p.A.
P.zzale Bosco 3A
05100 Terni IT
Tel. +39 744 5441330
Fax. +39 744 5441372

From:                   "Eric Paynter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:                webmail recommendations?
Date sent:              Tue, 22 May 2001 20:14:40 -0700

Eric Paynter wrote:

> I've just started an email server evaluation to provide a complete email
> solution including POP3, SMTP, and webmail. We're already strongly thinking
> qmail is a good place to start, but it does not have native webmail support.
> We do not need IMAP. So far, the webmail servers on the floor are:
>
> oMail-webmail
> NeoMail
> AtDot
> EmuMail
>
> Does anybody have any good/bad experience with these? Do they integrate well
> with qmail? We're hoping to use maildir format. I know oMail supports it,
> but from a perusal of the websites, I'm not certain if the others do. Also,
> can anybody suggest any other webmail servers that integrate well with
> qmail?
>
> Any comments appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Eric P.

> arctic bears - the internet - your way.
> email hosting from US$8/month, domains from US$19/year.
> http://www.arcticbears.com

Wrong!! Yes it does have webmail support, it's called sqwebmail good program
and very fast, you can also use IMP. I will work with maildir no problem.

Remo

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 08:14:40PM -0700, Eric Paynter wrote:
> We do not need IMAP. So far, the webmail servers on the floor are:

> oMail-webmail
ok  (hopefully :)  will work with vpopmail.

> NeoMail
not for maildirs...

> AtDot
> EmuMail
pop3-based mailers afaik

+ sqwebmail
+ imp
+ dwebmail

(look on freshmeat)

Regards,
Olivier
 Olivier Mueller - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - PGPkeyID: 0E84D2EA - Switzerland
qmail projects: http://omail.omnis.ch  -  http://webmail.omnis.ch

Hi!

We are happy with Aeromail, an IMAP-based PHP webmail script (or
scripts). It comes with Debian sid and has a homepage:
http://the.cushman.net/projects/aeromail/

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG

I think the "good-for-all" solution can be SQWebMail: it work with any
authentication scheme (and this can be a starting point when talking about
scalability), can change users password, can read messages from Maildirs and
relay only on few needs.

Other websolutions, even so good, may be limitative: I mean, you have to
choose between pop3 and imap support, php, missing features ...

You can decide only after you have in mind what you really want from a
webmail solution.
---

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:14:24AM +0200, Andrea Cerrito wrote:
> I think the "good-for-all" solution can be SQWebMail: it work with any
> authentication scheme (and this can be a starting point when talking about

wrong, it only works with vpopmail-based accounts, and maybe vanilla-qmail
accounts. Or please show me an example where it works with vmailmgr....
(would be nice if it could with vmailmgr...)

Cheers,

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:39:48AM +0200, Olivier M. wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:14:24AM +0200, Andrea Cerrito wrote:
> > I think the "good-for-all" solution can be SQWebMail: it work with any
> > authentication scheme (and this can be a starting point when talking about
> wrong, it only works with vpopmail-based accounts, and maybe vanilla-qmail
> accounts.

Wrong. It works with every authentification method it has an module for, and
there are many. I'm using sqwebmail with qmail-ldap.

> Or please show me an example where it works with vmailmgr....

Don't know about this.
--
* Henning Brauer, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.bsws.de *
* Roedingsmarkt 14, 20459 Hamburg, Germany               *

hi all,

i'm trying to write an script who automatically creates new virtual domains in vpopmail

my script uses the vadddomain binarie from vpopmail.

the syntax for vadddomain is : vadddomain [domain name] [postmaster passwd]
so i create i text file with :

test.com test

the problem is that vadddomain doesn't treat my file per line ....
well, i'm a script newbie, so i let you see what i'm doing :)) script is next :

PATH="$PATH:/var/spool/popmail/bin"

VDOMAINSFILE="/home/tech/vdomain.txt"
VDOMAINSOLDFILE="/home/tech/vdomain.txt.old"
NEWDOMAINSFILE="/home/tech/new_vdomains.list"
NEWVDOMAINS="/var/tmp/new_vdomains.tmp"

if test -s $VDOMAINSFILE
then
if [ $VDOMAINSFILE -nt $VDOMAINSOLDFILE ]; then
diff -u $VDOMAINSOLDFILE $VDOMAINSFILE | grep -v "^+++" | grep -v "^+;" | grep "^+" | sed -e s/^+//g >> $NEWVDOMAINS
fi
#
awk 'BEGIN { FS=":"} {print $1 " " "test"}' $NEWVDOMAINS > $NEWDOMAINSFILE

vadddomain && cat $NEWDOMAINSFILE

rm $NEWVDOMAINS $NEWDOMAINSFILE

and here the output file :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# less new_vdomains.list
test.org testorg
test.net testnet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thx in advance

You may want use the for function.
Use man bash to understand how it works.

---
[...]

Hello

I would like to set a max size for mail sent to a specific Maildir and alert the recipient or the sender that such a mail has been rejected.
Any ideas,

thanx

Davidson

---

Well, sorry, you are right. I forgot... :(
---