From: James Raftery [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 25 May 2001 04:25
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: postfix/qmail best for message tracking through system

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 03:47:49PM +0200, Mark Gebhardt wrote:

> Do you know if there's any way I can extend the VERP thing so that I can
> insert a unique message-ID into the return address or similar?

In essence, yes. This mailing list, for example, uses just that. The
return address for your message as it was delivered to me was:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

which includes a message number ("68498") and my delivery address
("james-qmail=now.ie"). This allows the mailing list software to
determine the message which bounced and the recipient to which it was
addressed.

Regards,
james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's

smime.p7s