Daniel Bakken <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am using Qmail with Maildir and pop3d. After Qmail receives a message, It
> seems to not be able to deliver it. I usually see the following (roughly) in
> my log:
>
> delivery 4: deferral: dot-forward:_fatal: ./Maildir/:_is_a_directory
>
> I hope that's enough information to be useful.

It isn't, usually, but we can take a stab at it.  I would guess that you're
trying to deliver to Maildirs in $HOME as your default delivery policy, but
the argument to qmail-start is missing the trailing slash, so qmail is looking
for an mbox named "Maildir" -- not quite what you want.  This argument might
be encoded in a file in /var/qmail/control, or might be in whatever script you
use to start qmail (an rc script, or a svscan-style script).

In future, you probably want to supply the following information with reports.
It would have made it possible to diagnose this problem with certainty:

  -unedited output of `qmail-showctl`
  -cut & paste copies of relevant log entries from qmail and/or qmail-smtpd
  -a copy of the script you use to start qmail
  -general information on how you installed and configured qmail

Charles