Renato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > No.  tcpserver shouldn't randomly die.
> >
> > > Is there a way to tune up supervise ? (time-out, any other parameters ?)
> >
> > Perhaps you're running it with memory or other process limits, or its
> > hitting a system-wide limit?  Without specific information about how
> > you've configured svscan, tcpserver, etc, log entries, and perhaps strace
> > of the process dying, we can't help you.
[...]
> In terms of pop3, here is how I start tcpserver in pop.
[...]
> In terms of logs, I don't have any message ( like system is not able to
> fork... ) just tcpserver common status/concurrency messages.
[...]
> I think there might be a queue of incoming connections that my system is not
> able to handle. Is it a kernel issue ?

Very unlikely.  It could be a hardware, issue, though.  It's not really a
qmail/ucspi-tcp issue at this point.  You're going to have to strace
tcpserver, capturing to a log.  Wait for it to die (as it apparently does for
you).  Then look at the end of the log and see what caused it to die.  I would
have expected tcpserver to output an error message of some sort if it failed
to allocate memory or sockets or whatever, but since I've never had tcpserver
die, I haven't looked into it.

Charles