On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 04:25:58PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Mark Douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > No, I can make this patch cleanly on a linux based system no problem, but
> > when I try the same approach on the solaris system, it doesn't work. Was the
> > test you're doing from a solaris system?
>
> Nope, Linux.  Perhaps the version of patch which Sun ships is broken?  Most of
> the rest of their tools seem to be :).

You are correct.

Get the latest version of GNU patch from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/patch and
install it on your server.

Personally, I like to keep my namespaces separate for GNU tools on Solaris,
so that I always know which version of a program I'm running.  You can do
this for most GNU utils with the following configuration parameter:

# ./configure --program-prefix=g

--Adam