Brian Moon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I ocassionally (once a week) am getting:
>
> qmail-inject: fatal: qq trouble creating files in queue (#4.3.0)
>
> I found this list of possible problems:
>
> -out of disk space
>
>  3.1G free.

Likely not disk space then.

> -out of inodes
>
> I don't see how.  There are 56800 files in 1365 dirs on that partition.

`df -i` should tell you if you're running out of inodes.

> That partition is ReiserFS.

Ah -- perhaps the culprit.  qmail requires a small patch to run on ReiserFS
(it's buried somewhere on Hans' site; I found it through Google at one point,
although I haven't used it).  qmail does not work correctly on ReiserFS (or,
more accurately, ReiserFS doesn't work correctly enough to run a qmail queue
on it) without this patch.  Isn't there a mention of this on qmail.org?

> -permissions on the queue directories are wrong
> -ownership of the queue directories are wrong

This would be an "always" thing, instead of an "occasional" thing.

Charles