On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:33:02AM +1000, David Ryan wrote:
> G'day all,
>       I have looked through the archives for info about setting up a
> secondary mail server. I have followed the steps in the replies I found
> but I am confused about one point. I have tcpserver running on the
> secondary and it accepts mail coming into it. I can see the message in
> the queue. What I don't get is how it sends that message to the primary
> server once the primary comes back up?
>
> I figure it has to be qmail-send but am not sure how/where to start this
> on the secondary. What have I missed?

You've missed the fact that if the primary has a better MX for the same
domain name, the secondary will just send it -- providing that the
domain name in question is not in locals or virtualdomains on the
secondary. It's really that simple. That's what MX 'distance' is for.

Of course, this also presumes that qmail-send is actually running. I
don't think that's what you were asking?

--
Greg White