Hello,

I encountered very veird problem with qmail-remote hanging
indefinitelly (for over 2 weeks).  Here are the details:

qmail-remote stays in ESTABLESHED state forever.
strace show that qmail-remote hangs doing: 'read(3,'

Most of hanged qmail remote are trying to deliver to outblaze.com
(or to domains using outblaze.com mail servers, s.a. mail.com)
There were couple posts to the list
(http://www.ornl.gov/its/archives/mailing-lists/qmail/2001/05/msg00558.html, and
outlining similar problem (also with outblaze).  However, I had 2 qmail-remotes
get stuck on different domains.

I observed this behaviour on 2 mail servers (OS and setup is the same).

OS is Rhat 6.2

I'm at complete loss and have no idea how qmail-remote can get stuck
trying to read from fd3.  After looking at qmail-remote.c, it's apparent
that qmail-remote calls timeoutread to perform network reads.
Timeoutread does select() syscall before doing read.
So, the only way we can get to read is when selected returned w/out timeout
indicating that there is data available.  Then, how can 'read(3' can get stuck???

Furthermore, when I kill one of the stuck qmail-remotes, qmail tries to redeliver
the message, and either succedes or times out on remote host w/out problem.

ANY suggestions on what can be done to troubleshoot this problem are very much
appreciated.

--
  Eugene Miretskiy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  InVision.com, INC.  (631) 543-1000