On 8 Jun 2001 14:34:17 +0200,
 Kirti S. Bajwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Chris:
>
> One of the company I work for has qmail with 200 users. They have to patch a
> system file which require that the system be re-booted. Instead of just
> shutting down the system, they want to send a email message to everybody
> announcing the planned shutdown.
>
> IS IT A SPAM?
>
> I think in future keep your comments to yourself until you know what the
> hell you are talking about. use your energies for productive work.

No this is not spam, but there are alternatives:

Create a mailinglist where every user is subscribed (automatically when-
ever a new user is added to the system). Have this list moderated by
the sysadmin. Now the sysadmin is able to send mails to everyone.

Use newsgroups.

Greetings
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG