At 14:24 08/06/01, Alex Le Fevre wrote:
>>I hope I understand what your asking.
>
>Actually, I think what he's trying to do is the same thing I've been
>trying to do -- make mail.domain.com equivalent to
>www.domain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail. In that case, an alias wouldn't
>work, because that would require www.domain.com/alias/, not
>mail.domain.com. Of course, it's probably a question more for an
>Apache list, but if you or someone else knows how to do that, it would
>make both of us quite happy. :-)
>Alex Le Fevre

I'm not sure if this will help or not, but here's what I do:

I've installed both qmailadmin and sqwebmail in /www/webmail/cgi-bin

In /etc/tinydns/data/root, for each of my subhosted domains, I add a
line like the following:

+webmail.justalafusta.com:216.216.32.170

In /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

<virtualhost 216.216.32.170>
DocumentRoot /www/justalaf
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/justalaf/cgi-bin/
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ServerName justalafusta.com
ServerAlias www.justalafusta.com
User justalaf
Group justalaf
RLimitCPU 30 30
RLimitMEM 25000000 25000000
RLimitNPROC 10 10
TransferLog /home/justalaf/logs/access.log
</virtualhost>

<virtualhost 216.216.32.170>
DocumentRoot /www/webmail
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/webmail/cgi-bin/
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ServerName webmail.justalafusta.com
SetEnv SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/justalaf
SetEnv QMAILADMIN_TEMPLATEDIR /usr/local/share/qmailadmin/justalaf
RLimitCPU 30 30
RLimitMEM 25000000 25000000
RLimitNPROC 20 20
TransferLog /home/justalaf/logs/access.log
</virtualhost>

Then I have links to both sqwebmail and qmailadmin on the page at
/www/webmail/index.html

HTH

--
All the best (Adéu-siau),