Hi Pablo,

I have the same problem as yours. Which linux kernel are you using ? Is it
a SMP machine ?

I'm still investigating, so I'm not sure if what I'm going to tell you is
right or no. I think it may be a problem with the select() system call.
Yours and my machine simple reached its limit. If you do a 'ps -alwx', you
are going to see a lot of 'do_sel' in the WCHAN column, which means qmail-
popup is waiting for the select() call to finish. If do a 'strace -T -f -p
pid_of_tcpserver_for_pop', you are going to see that sometimes the select
didn't finish or it takes too much time.

If anybody have something to add I'll really appreciate. I'm thinking to
upgrade do kernel 2.4.x since I heard it handles select() better.

Any comments ?

Renato - Brazil.

PS. By the way, I'm running kernel-2.2.19-6.2.1, non-SMP machine, Bruce's
RPMs.