Al Sparks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It comes time to move my email, located in a $HOME/Maildir to another
> machine, also running qmail.  I tar the $HOME/Maildir transfer it to
> the new machine (with a different name btw) and restore it to the new
> $HOME/Maildir.
>
> What else do I need to do to make qmail on the new machine see it?

Nothing -- qmail per se doesn't need to see it at all.  The only program
included with qmail that will even care about what's in your Maildir is
qmail-pop3d.  This process should be sufficient, provided you untar it as
yourself (not root or someone else) or chown it all to yourself afterwords.

> When I do a file listing of $HOME/Maildir/cur, I notice that the
> machine name is included in the filenames.  Do I need to change all
> those filenames so it reflects the new machine name?

No.  The machine name is part of the Maildir naming convention to make it safe
for multiple machines to be delivering into the Maildir over NFS.  Programs
don't/shouldn't care about it.

Charles