I don't seem to be filtering out relay sites via
relays.mail-abuse.org. The address that gets through is on the relay
list, www.loscabos.gob.mx, or 148.235.5.210, as it is pingable at
210.5.235.148.relays.mail-abuse.org

My qmail setup is reasonably similar to that within life with qmail,
and, hence, my /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run is:

#!/bin/sh

QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
  /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -p -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
    -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" \
      0 smtp \
        /usr/local/bin/rblsmtpd \
                                -rblackholes.mail-abuse.org \
                                -rdialups.mail-abuse.org \
                                -rrelays.mail-abuse.org \
          /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1

Note that the rbl and dul portions are indeed working. I have applied
the patch to allow rblsmtpd to work with A records.

Versions:
ucspi-tcp 0.88
qmail 1.03

Finally, the relevant portion of the smtpd logs are:
@400000003b295dc52fb2e254 tcpserver: status: 1/20
@400000003b295dc52fdba004 tcpserver: pid 29861 from 148.235.5.210
@400000003b295dc625252d9c tcpserver: ok 29861 lroot.b2pi.com:192.168.1.185:25
:148.235.5.210::2264