Martin Kubecek wrote:

> Hi Penguins
>

> When I run qmail-pw2u, it newer finish. So, it doesn´t create /users/assign
> file.

I am guessing that you are simply running `qmail-pw2u` here, which sits
and waits for input.  In actuality, qmail-pw2u is a filter, so you need to
send your passwd file through it with the command:

`cat /etc/passwd | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pw2u > /var/qmail/users/assign`

> When I create /users/assign file manually (for example
> =martin:martin:1001:0:/home/martin:::), then I run qmail-newu to create cdb
> database, I receive following error message: qmail-newu: fatal: bad format
> in users/assign

Like Arjen said, you prolly didn't end it with a dot on the last line.

> Could you tell me plese, what is wrong?
>
> Thank sou very much for answers

BTW, for future reference, include the actual commands you are entering
into your shell and we won't all have to guess at what you are doing
wrong. =)

--
Nick (Keith) Fish
Network Engineer