Darcy Pierlot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm a complete newbie to qmail who is so sick of sendmail's limitations =
> that I'm looking for alternatives. I've heard a lot of good things about =
> qmail but i wonder whether someone can point me to a well documented set =
> of instructions for installing qmail on redhat 7.1 without having lots =
> of conflicts.

www.lifewithqmail.org is probably your best bet.  Follow its instructions,
choosing to use tcpserver and multilog, and skipping xinetd/inetd and
splogger/syslog.

When you're done the main installation, and have tested qmail proper, remove
any reference to SMTP or POP3 in your inetd/xinetd configuration and restart
or HUP inetd/xinetd.  Stop sendmail and verify qmail-smtpd works.  Then do
`rpm -e sendmail --nodeps`.

Charles