Michael Grier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yesterday I got about 100 failure notices bounced to me as postmaster.
> Today I got an abuse notice from my server provider. So this spammer
> must be able to relay through me somehow. Qmail has been working for me
> for over a year. Is anybody else having this problem? Where should I
> look for answers?

In your logs and your configuration.  If qmail is an open relay on your
system, you've configured it incorrectly.  Give us the output of
`qmail-showctl`, along with the script you start qmail-smtpd with, and copies
of any tcprules files you use controlling access to qmail-smtpd.  If you use
inetd/xinetd, give us the appropriate control files for that.

> The spammer seems to somehow be using the user qmailt as the originator.
> A copy follows. uid 12355 is the user qmailt.

There is no such user in a normal qmail install.

Are you sure they didn't get into your system another way?  A broken formmail
CGI, or something else?

Charles